Saturday, September 7, 2013

DEAR JANE: making G-7 + A Mini Review of Fusible Product

First off... thank you, THANK YOU to everyone who commented and made suggestions about my crumbie blocks in yesterday's post. I appreciate ALL your thoughts and ideas. Lot's to think about; terrific ideas!  I may have panicked too soon! lol. More on these blocks later...
* * *

It's fun to try out new products. Wash-Away Applique Sheets are offered by C&T Publishing and were inspired by Beth Ferrier's innovative book, "More! Hand Applique by Machine". Today I am using a few bits of it to make part of the Dear Jane G-7 block.

So far: it prints readily in my inkjet printer; cuts easily with both scissors and rotary cutter; fuses quickly to the fabric with no mess or leaks onto my iron!  I'll let you know how the sewing part goes... I plan to sew up this block for tomorrow's DJRetreat Yahoo Group BOW. Fingers crossed. I haven't sewn really tiny stuff in quite awhile...


Meanwhile... thank you for popping in to visit! I hope you are having a stellar weekend with plenty of time to stitch something that makes you or someone you love happy!

Quilty Hugs,

2 comments:

Elly D said...

What did you think to the new product?

Sheila said...

Interesting new product.