Saturday, September 14, 2013

DJ BLOCK # D5


TaDah!! Another DJ block completed... yippee! This one is D5.
Dear Jane #D5
Had a bit of fun fussy cutting this fabric. My goal was to get some "curvy" feeling in this very linear block. I love this fabric. The repros are so gorgeous.

I strip pieced the interior 'sashings and cornerstones,' and PP'd the outside triangles with FP printed from the DearJane software [Electric Quilt]. It's not perfect but it is done!

Leaving the FP bits in place on the outside corners helps give stability to this tiny block as it sits and waits to be sewn into the main quilt.  Also, I leave a bit extra on the outside edge... about 1/8 inch ... and trim this right before sewing on the sashing. For me it's all about protecting the edges of these tiny blocks. This is how I pressed it:

 
Managed to get a triangle finished as well, but will share that in another post. Until next time, thank you for popping in to visit. See you soon. . .

Quilty Hugs,

3 comments:

Pat from Florida said...

You are really moving on your DJ. Good for you.

Deb A said...

Love how you fussy cut the fabrics in this one. Your block came out great Cyn.

Elly D said...

Really beautiful block Cyn! I've still to finish mine it is currently a wip! I had printed out the pattern ages ago onto foundation paper, before I discovered FP foundation piecing... it's not as convenient but I thought I'd use it up. FPP is definitely the way to go ;) hugs xx