Wednesday, September 18, 2013

HOOKY... Some Ripples

Missy needs an afghan for her new bed in the RV.  Enter a new hooky ripple project: Ripples For Missy.  I enjoy crochet a lot... a whole LOT! lol. It is relaxing and keeps my hands busy doing something constructive.

The repeat I am using is 12 stitches: 4 dc on each 'side,' 2 ch to skip for the decrease,  and the increase at the 'point' is 3 stitches in the center stitch. There is no pattern; I just made it up.

If you are interested in the ripple stitch, there is plenty of info on the Net -- Google: Attic24 -- and YouTube. I've learned a ton on YouTube, especially from the CrochetGeek. [the link will take you to a tute on ripple crochet]

Both quilts for the people beds in the camper are coming along pretty well. Thirty crumb blocks are done and today finished up 31 string blocks -- just 30 more to go.  I'm so happy I decided to add string blocks to the crumb blocks... so much more interesting... I think.  I love string piecing. It is time consuming but I really like the visual results. Won't be long now... fingers crossed!

Thank you so much for dropping by to visit. . .

Quilty Hugs,

2 comments:

Cattinka said...

Nice new project. You chose pretty delicate colours for your princess.
KATRIN W.

Sheila said...

I like this project. I'm using the internet to learn to crochet and have seen some of video clips made by CrochetGeek :D